Here when you need us the mostWe realize that reliable claims service is critical, especially when the unexpected happens. Our highly trained claims service team is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year if you experience a loss. You can file a new claim or check on the status of an existing claim online or by phone. You can rest assured our team will be there every step of the way.
HOW TO FILE A CLAIMReporting a claim is easy. Depending on your preference, you can file a claim over the phone or online. Learn some common questions during the claims process.
Over the Phone
- Call National General Claims Service at 1-888-325-1190.
- Give the representative your name, address, telephone number and then explain your situation.
- Answer a few questions about what happened.
- Have a pen and paper close at hand to write down your claim number and other information.
- Click here to Report a Claim and then choose ‘Report Your Claim Online’.
- Follow the prompts and register/log into your National General account.
- Answer a few questions about what happened and file your claim.
Eligible customers, with safely drivable vehicles, can take advantage of MyClaimPics, our virtual estimating service. Simply use your smartphone to take photos of your damaged vehicle, submit them and receive an initial estimate typically within 24 hours.
- No scheduling—take the photos at your convenience.
- No need to wait for an on-site physical inspection or obtain an estimate.
- At a body shop.
- Reduces the time it takes to receive your initial estimate.
Have more questions about your claim? Check out some commonly asked questions here.